- Behavior Impact
Podcast 238: The Top Ways to Boost Your HRV
Heart rate variability, or HRV, measure the balance of your autonomic nervous system, and is considered one of the best objective metrics for physical fitness and determining your body’s readiness to perform.
On this week’s episode, WHOOP VP of Performance Science, Principal Scientist, Kristen Holmes is joined by SVP of Data Science & Research Emily Capodilupo to share their scientifically-validate tips for improving heart rate variability. Kristen and Emily break down exactly what HRV is, why it's a critical indicator of your body's health, and how a few simple behaviors can have a meaningful and measurable impact on your HRV.
Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 2:15 - What is HRV
- 5:15 - How WHOOP measures HRV
- 11:45 - Adaptive behaviors to help HRV rebound
- 17:40 - How HRV is a personalized metric
- 21:12 - Menstruation and pregnancy impacting HRV
- 27:30 - HRV and sleep
- 33:47 - The WHOOP Core4 Challenge
- 49:15 - Listener questions on HRV