- Training & Exercise
Podcast 232: Everything to Know About Zone 2 Training from a Sports Scientist
One of the most effective ways to improve your HRV, increase endurance, and improve your metabolism? Zone 2 training. WHOOP Senior Sport Scientist Chris Chapman joins the podcast to answer listener questions on this popular training modality.
This week, we're hearing from you, our listeners. WHOOP Senior Sport Scientist, Chris Chapman, who also happens to be an Olympic strength and condition coach, joins the podcast to answer all of your questions about Zone 2 training. Chris shares more on how to incorporate Zone 2 training, how to know if you're really in Zone 2, and how it can not only help you build endurance, but improve your strength training.
Want to see your questions answered on future episode? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 2:45 - Navigating Strain goals and recoveries with Zone 2
- 7:05 - Incorporating Zone 2 into marathon training
- 11:55 - How heart rate zones differ from person to person
- 14:20 - Identifying your Zone 2 heart rate range
- 20:20 - How heart rate zones can change over time
- 24:00 - Combining strength training and endurance training
- 38:00 - The difference between free weights and machines