Podcast 229: A Behavioral Psychologist's Tips to Identifying and Managing Stress Styles with Dr. Jemma King
This week on the podcast, behavioral psychologist Dr. Jemma King shares more on stress styles and the best ways to manage and mitigate stress.
On this week’s episode, WHOOP VP of Performance Science, Principal Scientist, Kristen Holmes is joined by behavioral psychologist Dr. Jemma King. Dr. King has a PhD in human behavior and is an emotional intelligence and performance under stress expert. She shares more on how to identify and define stress styles and how you can tailor your actions and behaviors to mitigate it. She also shares more on the correlations between stress and sleep, and how movement is an essential component for stress management. Want to see your questions answered on an episode like this one? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 2:45 - Jemma’s work as a behavioral psychologist
- 3:45 - Defining stress types and styles
- 11:35 - Behaviors that can help mitigate stress
- 23:50 - Dealing with stress before bed and throughout the night
- 34:51 - A study out of Oxford around moving the body forward
- 36:30 - Jemma’s work with the Australian Special Forces
- 48:50 - What Jemma is obsessing over at the moment
- 54:00 - The Wim Hof Study powered by WHOOP
- 56:20 - The best ways to prepare yourself before a stressful event
Resources: Stress and Health Study