- App & Features
Podcast 215: Introducing Stress Monitor, A New Way to Measure & Manage Stress
Stress Monitor is a new way to measure and manage stress levels in real-time. WHOOP Founder and CEO Will Ahmed sits down with Chief Technology Officer Jamie Waydo to discuss how the feature was built, and how members can benefit.
WHOOP has just released a brand new feature – Stress Monitor – to help members measure their stress in real time and find ways to manage it with breathwork exercises designed in partnership with Dr. Andrew Huberman. WHOOP Founder and CEO Will Ahmed and Chief Technology Officer Jamie Waydo share more about how the feature was developed, how it works, and where it can provide the biggest benefit to members. Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 4:58 - What is the new WHOOP Stress Monitor
- 7:05 - The Stress Score scale
- 10:30 - How to use the breathing interventions
- 15:50 - Monitoring your recovery and how it impacts your stress
- 20:20 - Using Stress Monitor before bed and in the morning
- 27:05 - How Stress Score is being calculated and how it shows up in everyday events
- 31:35 - Jaime’s bio and background in the tech space
- 35:00 - Behind-the-scenes of building Stress Monitor
- 40:25 - How Stress Monitor will continue to develop and integrate throughout the platform