- Member Stories
Podcast 225: Adopting a Growth Mindset for Success with Matt Mullenweg
The world's top performers prioritize their health, whether they are leaders in the boardroom or on the field. This week, founder and developer of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg, joins the WHOOP Podcast to share more about his entrepreneurial journey, and the mindset, philosophy, and routines that have helped him unlock success.
This week, WHOOP Founder and CEO Will Ahmed sits down with Matt Mullenweg, founder and developer of WordPress, the web platform powering over 40% of the sites on the internet. Matt is not only a formidable entrepreneur and leader, but he's also a WHOOP member. Matt and Will sit down to discuss what it takes to perform at your best in business, covering his early days as an entrepreneur, how he thinks about leadership, the importance of a growth mindset, managing stress as a entrepreneur, and how WHOOP has helped him perform at his best and optimize his daily routine. Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:05 - How Matt started WordPress and his passion for open source software
- 9:20 - What open source software is
- 13:25 - Creating an open ecosystem on the web
- 17:40 - Matt’s early days as an entrepreneur trying to grow a business
- 25:25 - The WordPress interview process
- 32:20 - Developing a growth mindset
- 34:05 - Managing stress and creating mental clarity
- 39:55 - How Matt found WHOOP and the power of an executive coach
- 44:15 - Matt’s approach to a day-to-day routine