- Member Stories
- Training & Exercise
Podcast 223: From U.S. Navy Seal to World Record Holder with Mike Sarraille
Former U.S. Navy SEAL officer Mike Sarraille has unlocked optimal performance time and time again, whether in combat, or more recently, when he and a team of other service members undertook a record-setting skydive expedition that almost didn't happen.
This week, former U.S. Navy SEAL officer Mike Sarraille sits down on the podcast, hosted by Kristen Holes, WHOOP VP of Performance Science, Principal Scientist. After 20 years of service, including 10 combat deployments, Mike has turned his focus to leadership, and on unlocking the frontiers of human potential and performance. At the start of the year, he completed a record-setting skydiving expedition, the Triple 7 Expedition, during which a team of former service members completed 7 skydives across 7 continents in 7 days. Kristen and Mike discuss the demands of that expedition on the body and mind, and the demands of life in the military. Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:00 - Mike’s time in the service and the transition out
- 12:10 - Dealing with mental health
- 16:25 - Sharing his leadership learnings and mentoring
- 25:40 - Creating a culture of high performance
- 37:40 - Legacy Expeditions and developing Triple 7
- 49:40 - The Folds of Honor Foundation
- 51:05 - The Triple 7 Team’s WHOOP Data
- 1:03:18 - Developing longevity and a tough mindset