- Health & Wellness
Podcast 242: Steven Bartlett and His Secrets to Success in Life and in Business
Steven Bartlett is a speaker, investor, author and the host of UK's No.1 podcast, The Diary of a CEO. In this episode, Steven shares what drives his success as a founder and CEO, and how health has played a critical role in getting him to where he is today. Plus, get insights from his latest book 'The Diary of a CEO: The 33 Laws of Business and Life'.
On this week’s episode, WHOOP Founder and CEO, Will Ahmed is joined by entrepreneur and innovator, Steven Bartlett, a speaker, investor, author and the host of UK's No.1 podcast, The Diary of a CEO. Steven was also on the BBC's hit TV show Dragons’ Den, the UK version of Shark Tank, as the youngest-ever Dragon in the show’s history.
Steven just released his second book, 'The Diary of a CEO: The 33 Laws of Business and Life' in which he shares his personal insights and learnings from some of the world's leading experts, celebrities, and business professionals. Will and Steven talk about how Steven has viewed himself throughout his career, how he got started investing, his role as a founder and CEO, and his personal mission of constantly evolving with a growth mindset.
Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:08 - How Steven has viewed himself throughout his career
- 6:55 - How he got started investing
- 12:01 - Steven’s role as a founder vs CEO
- 18:35 - Where Steven has derived his learnings from
- 21:20 - Steven’s personal mission
- 24:15 - Constantly evolving with a growth mindset
- 25:20 - The benefits of bias in a CEO
- 28:16 - A risk that paid off
- 30:10 - What keeps leaders up at night
- 33:05 - Feeling like an underdog and the power of experimentation
- 40:30 - Interviewers that Steven admirers
- 44:45 - Steven’s new book, Diary of a CEO
- 53:17 - How Steven prioritizes his health