- Mental Health
- Training & Exercise
Podcast 245: Mental Toughness with Elite Performance Coach Rachel Vickery
Rachel Vickery is an Elite Performance Coach who works with high performers in professional and elite sport, corporate and elite military who need to do big and difficult things where the stakes are high and the impact is significant for many.
On this week’s episode, WHOOP VP of Performance Science, Principal Scientist, Kristen Holmes is joined by Rachel Vickery. Rachel works with high performers in professional and elite sport, corporate and elite military who need to do big and difficult things where the stakes are high and the impact is significant for many. Currently, she's working as a High-Performance Consultant optimizing the physiological stress response so good people can execute when it matters and sustain long careers in these environments.
Kristen and Rachel discuss getting introduced to pressure, developing interoception, creating coaching moments through ice baths, preparing for the arena as a high performer, and setting yourself up for success.
Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 2:35 - Getting introduced to pressure
- 10:54 - Developing interoception
- 14:10 - Creating coaching moments through ice baths
- 17:45 - Entering the arousal state
- 24:33 - Cold therapy as a training and awareness piece
- 32:10 - Being in the moment vs natural arousal states
- 38:46 - Preparing for the arena as a high performer
- 43:45 - Breathing mechanics and performance
- 45:15 - Setting yourself up for success