- Training & Exercise
- Health & Wellness
- Strength Training
Podcast 243: How to Train Like an NBA Champion with Felipe Eichenberger
Felipe Eichenberger is fresh off his championship-winning season as the Denver Nuggets Director of Performance and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. In this episode, Felipe talks about how he helped some of the best players on the planet, including the league’s MVP, stay healthy throughout a grueling NBA title run.
On this week’s episode, WHOOP Founder and CEO Will Ahmed is joined by NBA Champion Felipe Eichenberger fresh off his championship-winning season as the Denver Nuggets Director of Performance and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. Will and Felipe discuss how he developed a passion for health and fitness, the power of consistency within the Nuggets’ organization, and his role on the team. Plus, how the team uses WHOOP and how Felipe uses it in his own life.
Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:00 - Developing a passion for health and fitness
- 4:45 - The power of consistency at the Nuggets
- 6:05 - Training Nikola Jokic
- 8:40 - Felipe’s role within the team
- 11:23 - Using WHOOP to help train players
- 13:50 - How Felipe uses WHOOP in his own life
- 16:20 - Players going out during the season
- 19:44 - Players rehabbing injuries
- 22:32 - Meditation, visualization, and breathing
- 28:35 - Recovery modalities
- 32:57 - Training at altitude in Denver
- 36:28 - Keeping players active and involved
- 39:48 - Felipe’s impression of the Miami Heat
- 42:40 - Felipe’s personal fitness motivation