- Women’s Performance
Podcast 230: Pro Cyclist Alison Jackson On Her Uncharted Path To The Podium
This year is Alison Jackson's year. She's coming off a win at Paris-Roubaix, her biggest career win to date, and she joins the WHOOP Podcast as the Tour de France Femmes gets set to start.
This week on the podcast, Jeremy Powers, WHOOP Senior Sports Marketing Manager of Endurance Sports, is joined by professional cyclist Alison Jackson. Alison is a professional cyclist on team EF-Education First-Tibco-SVB. She is a 2X and Current Canadian National Road Champion, and just this spring, she won the 2023 Paris-Roubaix Femmes. Alison grew up on a bison farm and had no cycling role models but found her way to the sport. She shares more on her rise to success and why, unlike many pro athletes, she firmly believes in not taking herself too seriously. Want to see your questions answered on future episode? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:15 - Alison’s life growing up and finding endurance sports
- 10:37 - Winning Paris-Roubaix Femmes
- 18:20 - Alison’s passion for entertaining fans
- 25:31 - The emotional impact of winning Paris-Roubaix Femmes
- 30:30 - Being a team leader while also being a creator
- 35:30 - Putting yourself out there on social media
- 39:50 - Alison’s motto throughout her career
- 42:58 - Hobbies and life outside of cycling
- 47:25 - The Tour de France Femmes and the state of women’s cycling
- 54:15 - How Alison deals with negativity and down days
- 58:25 - What Alison has learned from WHOOP