Podcast 228: Listener Questions on HRV, Fasting, and the Impact of Vices on Performances
This week, we're turning to you, our listeners, to answer your burning questions, from understanding how alcohol, nicotine, and THC affect Recovery, to different types of stress and how to understand your body's response.
SVP of Data Science & Research Emily Capodilupo sits down to dive into the inbox and provide valuable insight into everything from the correlation between sleep and HRV, how alcohol and marijuana can affect performance, how to understand different types of stress, and the difference between between time-restricted eating and intermittent fasting. Want to see your questions answered on an episode like this one? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 2:30 - The correlation between sleep and HRV
- 4:45 - The impact of alcohol and marijuana on performance and recovery
- 10:20 - Tracking nicotine usage and its effect on recovery compared to tobacco
- 13:45 - Detecting different types of stresses with the Stress Monitor feature
- 16:50 - The differences between time-restricted eating and intermittent fasting
Resources: WHOOP Stress Study