- Women’s Performance
Podcast 226: WNBA Star Lexie Hull on Obsession, Effort, and Her Commitment to Health & High Performance
This week, WNBA Star Lexie Hull joins the WHOOP Podcast to give listeners a peak behind in the curtain in what it takes to perform at an elite level, from sleep habits to her menstrual cycle.
On this podcast this week, WHOOP VP of Performance Science, Principal Scientist, Kristen Holmes is joined by WNBA star Lexie Hull. Before Lexie was selected 6th overall in the WNBA draft by the Indiana Fever, she was a collegiate standout and 2021 National Champion at Stanford. Her approach to excelling in the game involves being focused on her health off the court, including more deeply understanding her sleep, menstrual cycle, and her mental health. As we head into the anniversary of Title IX, Lexie also shares more on the future landscape of women's sports, and what it means (and what it takes) to be a standout female athlete. Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:15 - Athletes Unlimited and what it means for women’s sports
- 5:20 - Lexie’s collegiate career at Stanford
- 7:20 - Lexie’s mindset as an elite defender
- 8:47 - Going from a student-athlete to a professional
- 12:55 - Growing up competing with her twin sister Lacie
- 15:38 - Dealing with mental health
- 17:55 - Building a brand without creating distractions
- 22:00 - How Lexie thinks about her performance data
- 25:30 - Lexie’s routine on game day
- 31:00 - Tracking her menstrual cycle on WHOOP
- 34:15 - Lexie’s sleep tricks and habits
- 38:35 - Lexie’s perspective on the current and future landscape of women’s sports