- Mental Health
Podcast 220: Why We Need to Invest in Our Emotional Health with Dr. Guy Winch
May marks the beginning of Mental Health Awareness Month. This week's podcast guest, Dr. Guy Winch, shares more on how and why to invest in your emotional health to improve your overall wellbeing.
Many of us are accustomed to investing in our physical health, spending time in the gym and investing in our bodies. Why aren't we doing the same of our emotional health? This week, WHOOP VP of Performance Science, Principal Scientist, Kristen Holmes is joined by Dr. Guy Winch, licensed psychologist and emotional health expert, to share more on the important of investing in your emotional health. Dr. Winch believes that our physical and emotional health are the twins of our wellbeing, and that we should treat and invest in them equally. Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:15 - How Dr. Winch began studying emotional health
- 5:50 - The approach and skills involved with emotional health
- 10:25 - The dos and don’ts of emotional health
- 15:25 - Dealing with rumination
- 26:55 - Getting space to grieve properly
- 32:50 - Managing self-esteem
- 35:05 - Dealing with heartbreak and finding your identity
- 44:20 - Creating a social circle in line with your own values
- 49:15 - The timeline for recovering from emotional damage
- 53:25 - The global outlook on emotional health
- 57:25 - Stress and developing the right work-life balance