- Mental Health
- Health & Wellness
Podcast 244: The Ultimate Guide to Relationships, Sex, and Dating with Dr. Alexandra Solomon
Dr. Alexandra Solomon is a couples therapist, speaker, author, and professor who is passionate about translating cutting-edge research and clinical wisdom into practical tools people can use to bring awareness, curiosity, and authenticity to their relationships.
On this week’s episode, WHOOP VP of Performance Science, Principal Scientist, Kristen Holmes is joined by Dr. Alexandra Solomon a couples therapist, speaker, author, and professor. Dr. Alexandra Solomon is passionate about translating cutting-edge research and clinical wisdom into practical tools people can use to bring awareness, curiosity, and authenticity to their relationships.
Kristen and Alexandra discuss the definition of relational self-awareness, approaching conversations to reimagine boundaries, the energy of love vs the energy of fear, sex in the dating world and in relationships, the biggest problem in relationships, and Alexandra’s latest book LOVE EVERY DAY.
Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:40 - Defining relational self-awareness
- 9:25 - Tactics for the service archetype
- 13:18 - Approaching conversations to reimagine boundaries
- 16:53 - Energy of love vs energy of fear
- 24:12 - Getting back into the dating pool
- 27:15 - Being in a good state of mind for a first date
- 33:20 - Dating apps
- 36:55 - Learning about relationships and intimacy
- 42:15 - The biggest problem in relationships
- 51:25 - LOVE EVERY DAY
- 53:27 - Sex in the dating world and relationships