- App & Features
- Strength Training
Podcast 219: Behind the Development of The All-New Strength Trainer
This week, we're sitting down to talk about the revolutionary new feature, Strength Trainer, that makes WHOOP the first wearable to quantify the impact of your strength training.
Most wearables measure cardiovascular load based on heart rate, but if you lift weights or strength train regularly, you know many wearables fail to capture the true impact of those sessions -- until now. WHOOP just released Strength Trainer, a new feature that allows you to track your weights, reps, and sets to quantify muscular load, or the stress you are putting on your muscles, joints, and tissues. WHOOP Founder and CEO Will Ahmed is joined by WHOOP Chief Technology Officer Jaime Waydo to share more on this revolutionary new feature, including how it was developed, what the R&D process was like, how it changes Strain scores, and the impact it has on your recovery and training recommendations. Want to see your questions answered? Email us – Podcast@whoop.com – or you can call our listener line (508-443-4952) and leave a voicemail, and your question might be answered on a future episode.
- 3:25 - What is Strength Trainer
- 4:55 - The technology behind the feature
- 7:35 - Acquiring and incorporating the PUSH technology
- 11:00 - Testing the product and feature throughout development
- 14:00 - How WHOOP is able to track various movements and muscles
- 15:25 - The WHOOP workouts available to users
- 21:25 - How WHOOP is the first wearable to track this type of weight training data
- 24:35 - How your strain, recovery, and sleep scores will be impacted
- 26:55 - The future of Strength Trainer